8.23.2006

Growing Up- Spending Money to Make Money

I'm 25. That just happened last week. I used to write in my journal the day before my birthday on all the milestone years (16, 18, 21) to kind of check in on how life was going at that point in my life. I haven't really done that yet this year. My birthday slipped by me so fast, I barely even feel like it happened. It's strange, since for my whole life, since I have a summer birthday, I've never worked or gone to school on my birthday. It's always been a free day to do whatever I wanted. The last three years, I've been playing somewhere all day on my birthday. Life seems to be getting busier. I can't say that's a good thing, but it's better than being bored and poor, right? I've never been the poster child of time management (unless it was those posters that said "don't end up like this guy, he doesn't get it"). Balance comes with regularity, doesn't it? Can I have a sporadic schedule and make it feel routine?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Check that out. I bought a new toy last week. It was completely impulsive and entirely awesome. I was with a friend at Brook Mays in Katy, he was looking for a digital stage piano. So I asked our dealer if he had any great deals that were just stupid good. So he showed me this piano, and I played a few notes and couldn't believe it. Clear low end, power in the middle, sweet high end. It was a 1922 Vose & Sons piano, with new strings, bridges and felts. It was gently priced, and they offered some financing options, so I figured it was a good investment. So now I own a grand piano. Never thought that would happen, especially at 25 still living at home. I just can't wait to get it tuned. I've gotta let it chill in the house for about a month before they can tune it. That day will rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice piano, Josh. Iwas wondering if I could come over and play it while I drink a 64 ounce cherry icee. Just wondering.

Kevin.

josh said...

we should do that together.