9.15.2008

Hurricane Pics and Baby Update

This is a loaded post, so I'll keep it concise.

First, baby news. We are going in tomorrow morning to induce. It's finally happening. Bella is not breached anymore, so she's ready to go. Next post will either be from the hospital on my phone (if 3G works by then), or after we're home and I have a few pics.

Now, the hurricane. If you live in Houston, you probably remember what a storm Ike was. Remember? Wow, we lived through that together. If you're out of town, you missed a good time. Here's a (very) few pics from our weekend, with anecdotes. I'll post more on Facebook soon.

Thursday afternoon, Wal-Mart was out of water:


We stayed at my parents' house in Montgomery. I helped my dad board a few windows:


Nice, clean backyard:


Jody was sick during the whole storm:


Saturday morning, backyard was not so clean:


The balcony outside our room. There were alot of pine needles and branches:


Flooding on the golf course:


We made do with what we had. This is me making coffee on the grill. It was great:


One of Jody's dogs found contentment running through the flooded sand trap:


We drove around the neighborhood looking at damage. This guy had a sense of humor:


There was alot of these:


We drove home Saturday night because I had to be at church at 7:30 Sunday morning. There was hardly any power on anywhere in town, but our apartments had power. The next morning I wasn't paying attention and drove through some water in our apartment complex, and stalled my car. So, I missed my first Sunday at The Foundry UMC. As of 3pm Monday, I still can't get it started, so I hope it dries out and there's no major damage.

This is where our tennis courts and basketball courts usually are:


This is some of the debris right outside our apartment complex:


This car has some tree on it:


We almost parked Bethany's car under here, but decided not to. Probably a smart move:



So, that's our story, abbreviated. We're safe, and will be bringing home a baby later this week to a home with power and water. Most of the area around us is still without power, and the three gas stations that are open around here have lines of 50-60 cars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your little girl is perfect, and everything goes well for mom as well!

What are you doing at the foundry??? That's where Kyle and I got married and is very close to where we live now :)

Renee

Andy said...

wow. Wow. WOW! Good luck today!