9.03.2008

Not Quite Sure

File this in the "I'm not quite sure how I feel about this" category. 

I woke up this morning, as I do most mornings. I looked at the clock next to my bed, as usual, and it said 12:45pm. I won't say it's unusual for me to be in bed at that time, but what was unusual, was that I had not woken up until then. Most of the time if I sleep in that much it's because I look at the clock 4 or 5 times and decided I can still go back to sleep. I actually went to bed relatively early last night (around 2, I think), so I was expecting to wake up around 10. I started to get really confused, because it didn't feel like I had slept until 12:45. So, I checked my phone. 7:54am. I was somewhat relieved that it was not already the afternoon, and even more relieved that I could go back to sleep for a few hours. 

Here's what I can't figure out. Why did my clock skip ahead 5 hours? If it had been turned off for 5 hours, it would've been 5 hours behind. I didn't have quite that rational of a thought when I woke up, I just figured the power had gone out. But, when I got up, the other clocks in the house were fine (the ones that flash when they lose power). The clock by my bed even has battery backup in case the power goes out. 

So, it's a strange happening. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I forgot to lock the front door last night. That rarely happens. I doubt the two stories are related, though, because nothing in our apartment was moved or taken. I think if I walked in somebody's apartment at night, I would probably take valuable things before I'd sit and reset their clock 5 hours fast. But I've never walked in somebody's apartment at night, so who knows, I might panic and just start setting clocks.   

No comments: