3.19.2006

Back Home

I really don't like the drive between Abilene and Houston. There's not much to look at, and today was worse because it was cloudy and just plain dreary. Plus I was pretty upset that I had to miss a concert tonight in Houston. It's not that I get mad over missing out on entertainment, the band is looking for a new keyboard player, and I was supposed to meet the leader and check out the band to see if it's something I would fit in to. But some poor communication led to us having to play this morning in Abilene, which I was assured would not happen. So, we left later than we should've and I missed the concert. Maybe some other time, I guess. I ended up hanging out with my friend, Seth, and we went to his house and watched Arrested Development. It's a pretty funny show. I was expecting to have at least one check sitting at home waiting for me, since I haven't been paid for three gigs. But, there were no checks. Why does my life suck financially right now? I'm in debt, I'm not getting paid on time for the work I'm doing, and I've got so many other things I need to get done, especially medically, and I can't afford them. I trust God with my money, He gives and takes away. I'm not too worried about it, but I just wish I could have lots of money and not worry about it.

Speaking of "giving and taking away," we were playing "Blessed Be Your Name" last night, and the kids were super rowdy. It was almost uncomfortable, but we kept going. Then some kid decides to jump up on stage, do a little dance ("caucasian clap" or something like it), and then crowd surf. The only problem was he jumped into a "crowd" of about four girls, and they all moved out of the way. He landed right on the concrete floor and didn't get up for about half a chorus. But he did eventually get up and looked quite in some pain, but no ambulances were called, I think he'll live. It was a memory, though.

Next up for me this week is a recording day in College Station, then back on the road Thursday for a few days. I just found out there might be a Hopedoor reunion gig, as if there haven't already been enough. I'm the only one not involved at the moment, but that might change.

No comments: