3.18.2006

Tales from the road

I'm in Abilene, TX this weekend with Matt Brouwer and the band. It's been interesting. So much down time, which is usually not a bad thing. It just bugs me some when we show up at 3:30 and don't play until 9, or like today when they said we'd play at 8:30, and here it is 9:21 and I'm in the green room blogging.

This morning we got a few phone calls on the hotel phone. I think before 10am we had 4 phone calls and 2 knocks on the door. One knock was housekeeping, which we ignored, and the second was some kid that knocked and ran. One of the calls was a prank call, which annoyed me. The other three were housekeeping. The first was a lady asking me if we needed housekeeping, so i said later, not now. The second was her telling me the maids couldn't clean in the afternoon and if i wanted housekeeping it had to be this morning. I'm thinking by now it was like noon or 1, and so i told her we didn't want housekeeping at all, then. Then i realized how early it was. Not even 10am. I wish our society would let musicians sleep sometimes. At least don't make us feel bad for not wanting a service they provide. They act as though it is a bad thing we don't want our beds made. If we don't want housekeeping, it's really our loss, so they shouldn't care so much.

I'm newly interested in the show "The Office." We've watched like 7 episodes during our waiting periods here in the green room at the Hardin-Simmons theater, and it's been quite entertaining. So, besides that I'm trying to get caught back up with "Lost," since I haven't seen the last 4 or 5 episodes. And this week, I'm starting the first season of 24. I've been watching this season, but now I can see how we got to where we are now. Well, alright. The rappers are a-rappin', so it's time to wait in the wings. Bye.

No comments: